The April 2017 Readathon is here!!! This is where I will be posting sporadic updates throughout the day. Remember, for every comment on this post, I will donate $o.25 to the Ada Jenkins Center.
You can read my Readathon TBR post here.
Wish me luck for a wonderful day of reading!
We made it! After falling asleep at midnight, I woke up at 7am to complete the final hour. So my total hours spent reading = 17! I’m quite proud of that. I finished 5 books, and started a 6th.
Pages Read: 873
Books finished: 5
Local Time: 8am
Hours spent reading: 17
Books finished: 5
1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Around Hour 15-16, when I was really tired but wanted to stay up just a bit longer to finish the graphic novel I was reading.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a reader engaged for next year? Definitely graphic novels! A lot of people seemed to be reading Saga, including myself. Ms. Marvel was another good one.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next season? Nothing other than the website problems – which are likely out of the control of the organizers. I couldn’t see the updates and links to mini-challenges after Hour 12.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I loved the Litsy and Twitter feeds! I didn’t spend that much time in the Goodreads group.
5. How many books did you read? 5, and started a 6th!
6. What were the names of the books you read? 1. Will Grayson, Will Grayson; 2. Ms. Marvel, Volume 6; 3. Milk and Honey; 4. A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Reptile Room; 5. Saga, Volume 4.
7. Which book did you enjoy most? Will Grayson, Will Grayson
8. Which did you enjoy least? Saga, Volume 4. Nothing to do with the content, by I was having problems using Hoopla, and it took about 20 minutes to fix it and be able to open the book to read it. At almost 11pm at night, that was a little frustrating.
9. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Definitely will participate as a reader again, and would definitely consider hosting a mini-challenge in the future.
This will be my last update of the evening, as I am heading to bed, to read myself to sleep! Finished The Reptile Room, and switched back to graphic novels. I am currently reading Saga, Volume 4. I am hoping to wake up at 7am EST, to finish out the last hour of the readathon. See you on the other side!
Pages Read: 766
Books finished: 4
Up Next: Reading Saga, Volume 4, and then will either pick up Vol. 5 or 13 Reasons Why. It depends on how awake I am!
Whose having a great time! This book nerd is! I’m definitely slowing down, but still plugging away on Book 4! I finished Milk and Honey, and have moved on to A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Reptile Room! Took a break for dinner, and to play basketball with M for a bit before the sun goes down. The whole night is ahead of us, and I am still excited!
1. What are you reading right now? A Series of Unfortuante Events: The Reptile Room
2. How many books have you read so far? This is my 4th one.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I do actually plan on sleeping tonight, so my halfway point has come and gone, LOL. I may stick to graphic novels for the rest of the night, otherwise I’m looking forward to starting 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher. If not for the readathon, then immediately after.
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Only a few, but they were welcome interruptions! Mostly from my daughter and spouse.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? That I made it this far without falling asleep, considering I haven’t slept well in the past few nights! It’s definitely catching up to me now, though.
Pages Read: 556
Books finished: 3
Up Next: Currently reading The Reptile Room, not sure what I’ll pick up after that.
The last few hours have not been quite as productive. I am about 2/3 of the way through Milk and Honey. I just took a long walk to take a break and move around a bit. It is so humid outside, I think the walk made me sleepier than reading all day!
M bailed a few hours ago to go play at a friend’s house, but she read 5 books this morning before heading out the door!
Don’t forget, for every person that comments on this post, I will be donating $0.25 each to a wonderful community nonprofit, The Ada Jenkins Center!
Pages Read: 438
Books finished: 2
Up Next: Still reading Milk & Honey
The Ms. Marvel volumes keep getting better and better! I just polished off Volume 6 over lunch.
Hour 5 Mini-Challenge
Hosted by Estella’s Revenge. Create a six-word celebration of Dewey’s Read-a-Thon.
Here is my entry:
There is always something to read.
Pages Read: 300
Books finished: 2
Up Next: Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur
Just finished Will Grayson, Will Grayson! A few interruptions this morning: a hungry, needy cat, a few phone calls, and a breakfast break, but I am satisfied with my current pace. LOVED this book, John Green and David Levithan’s collaborative effort is hilarious, powerful, and just plain fantastic. TINY COOPER!!! I love him so much.
Pages Read: 164
Books finished: 1
Up Next: Ms. Marvel, Vol. 6
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Chévre cheese with rosemary crackers, and my Chocolove Salted Almond Butter in Dark Chocolate bar.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I occasionally get insomnia, and have slept terribly the past two nights, so my readathon might not go as well as I had hoped!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? It’s my first readathon in a really long time! I’m looking forward to my daughter participating with me!
Book 1: Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan (starting at page 148).