Winter has come and gone…well, hopefully it is gone…and it is time to do a quarterly update of the three year-long reading challenge I am participating in this year!
My goal for NovelKnight’s Beat the Backlist challenge is to read at least 24 books off of my massive TBR list! I am not quite as far as I would like to be in this challenge, but I’m hoping to play catch-up in April and May.
This is what I have read for this challenge from Jan – March:
- The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie
- The Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
- George by Alex Gino
- The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
- Year of No Sugar by Eve O. Schaub
Favorite: The Underground Railroad
Least Favorite: Year of No Sugar
Total Read: 6/24 books – 25% Complete. ON SCHEDULE!
Diversity Bingo 2017
This is definitely my favorite challenge of the year! Here is what I read from Jan – March:
- MC of Color in SFF – Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin.
- Black MC (Own Voices) – The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead.
- Indigenous MC (Own Voices) – The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie.
- PoC on the Cover – Ms. Marvel, Volumes 2-5 by G. Willow Wilson.
- Practicing Jewish MC – Dawn by Elie Wiesel.
- Bisexual MC (Own Voices) – Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst.
- Book by Author of Color – The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas.
- D/dEAF/Hard of Hearing MC – El Deafo by Cece Bell.
- Own Voices (Transgender) – George by Alex Gino.
Favorite: The Hate U Give
Least Favorite: Of Fire and Stars
Total Read: 9/36 books – 25% Complete. ON SCHEDULE!
Popsugar Reading Challenge 2017
Popsugar always has a fun 52-week reading challenge that I like to do. Last year I failed miserably at completing the challenge, and I am hoping to do better in 2017! Here is my progress so far:
A book that has been on your TBR list for way too long: Dawn by Elie Wiesel.
A book that is a story within a story: Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin.
An espionage thriller: The Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie
A bestseller from a genre you don’t normally read: The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin.
A book with a subtitle: Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family or Culture in Crisis by J.D. Vance.
A book that’s published in 2017: A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab.
A book about food: A Year of No Sugar by Eve O. Schaub.
- A book with a red spine: The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead.
A book with a title that’s a character’s name: Ms. Marvel, Volumes 2 – 5.
A book with an unreliable narrator: The Perfect Stranger by Megan Miranda.
A book with pictures: Why I March: Images from the Women’s March Around the World by Abrams Image, New York
A book about a difficult topic: The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas.
Favorite: A Conjuring of Light
Least Favorite: A Year of No Sugar
Total Read: 12/52 – 23% Complete. BEHIND SCHEDULE (but not by much!)
You are doing remarkably well. It’s helpful I suppose that you can count some books for more than one challenge.
Yes, that does make it easier!