The Broke and the Bookish have decided to take a well-deserved break, so I thought I would focus this week’s freebie on gratitude. I feel we could all use a dose of positivity these days!
Top Ten Things I Am Thankful for Today
- For the delicious Bosnian food and new friendships found at last night’s fundraising dinner for Carolina Refugee Resettlement Agency.
- The recent discovery that I have two amazing half-sisters. My heart is so full over this one.
- My 30 minutes of quiet in the morning spent drinking tea and reading a book, or listening and watching the birds in our backyard.
- For my 9-year old daughter offering to help me out in a moment of stress.
- For Victoria Schwab; I am knee-deep in A Conjuring of Light right now, and loving every minute of the journey (a few heart palpitations aside).
- The exhilarating feeling knowing that today is the last day of February, and one of my favorite months of the year is coming up next!
- For my husband, who planted a bunch of lovely flowers in the backyard over the weekend.
- The solidarity and show of support from the greater community after our JCC received its second phone-in bomb threat yesterday.
- The excitement on M’s face when she found out she will be playing the part of Esther in our synagogue’s upcoming Purimspiel.
- Lastly, I am grateful for the Chocolove Salted Almond Butter in Dark Chocolate bar.
That is actually a great theme and made me think about things to be grateful for. Great post! Mine is the top ten most charismatic fantasy characters: My top ten